Tech & Research Talks
COVID time webinars:
- June 2020: ‘Future of Work for Women Post-COVID19: Looking at the Tech Career Landscape through a Gender Lens’ Talk series conducted by DTW ‘Weaving Technology into the Fabric of Everyday Life’
- June 2020: Invited webinar ‘Engineering and Engineers in the face of COVID-19′ @IEEE WIE, College of Engineering Poonjar: addressed around 200 engineering students
- June 2020: Invited talk and panel session ‘Indian Women, Global Journey’s in Engineering’ conducted by Vigyanshaala International on ‘International Women in Engineering Day’, under their flagship program, 𝐊𝐚𝐥𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐚- 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐌.
- June 2020: Invited webinar at SRM University Alumni Talk series: Addressed 250+ engineering students on ‘COVID-19 impact on Future of Engineering and Innovation’.
- May 2020: Invited Instagram live talk and interaction on ‘Challenges and Opportunities of Digital Education in the face COVID-19’ at RIT University expert series attended by 460+ engineering students.
Selected invited keynotes, plenary talks and research presentations:
- Nov 2019: Invited Keynote ‘Reimagining stem education in the age of Artificial Intelligence (AI)‘ at University of Hertzen, St.Petersburg, Russia, Nov 19-20, Conference on Management of 21stcentury : Education in the Digital Economy era.
- Sept 2019: Invited Talk ‘I’m Possible – Every Woman is a Super Woman! for “SHE”- (Scheme for Her Empowerment) at Govt Engineering College, Kannur, India.
- June 2019: Invited Keynote and panelist at Oxford University Women in Tech Leadership series- ‘Breaking into Leadership’ alongside the University Registrar and ‘Girls Who Code’ Post-doctoral fellow Dr.Tracey.
- April 2019: Invited Keynote Speaker at Google Women Tech-Maker International Women’s Day Celebration,Kozhikode, India ‘My journey into Research, Entrepreneurship and Science Communication’.
- Feb 2019: Invited Tech Keynote at Cochin University Technical Fest, ‘Perspectives on AI for Power Electronics’: Invited to deliver the inaugural keynote address at the prestigious Cochin University of Science & Technology Tech Fest flagged off by the Vice-Chancellor and Head of the Department.
- May 2018: Finalist at the Future Power Challenge conducted by EPSRC Centre for Power Electronics UK ’GaN Power Electronics using Machine Learning’ : Won special commendation for the research work presented.
- March 2018: Invited TEDx talk at Cambridge University TEDx series, ‘AI – Making or Breaking Education’ : Amongst the ten people invited to deliver the 2018 TEDx talk at University of Cambridge.
- March 2018: Invited Keynote for DST (Dept of Science & Technology) Govt Sponsored Vigyan Jyoti Program at IIT Palakkad, India ‘Life at Cambridge University- GaN Research, Social Enterprise & More’: Invited to address a select group of girls selected as part of IIT women empowerment initiative.
- Aug 2017: Invited speaker at Concord College, Shrewsbury, UK ’GaN Power Electronics and Applications’: Invited to give a lecture for 20 Engineering aspirants from across the globe.
- March 2017: Invited Keynote talk at the International Conference on Power Engineering and Control, PECCON, VIT University, India ’GaN Power Electronic Solutions for a Greener and Smarter World’ : The only student invited to give a keynote in the company of professors from National University of Singapore, KTH, Sweden & University of Aberdeen.
- Sep 2016: Keynote talk at Next Tech Lab, SRM University, India on ’GaN -a Wonder Device’ : Invited to be on the advisory board of NEXT TECH lab which is the first student run technical lab set up in India.
- Aug 2016: Invited Lecture for visiting Electrical Engineering undergraduates at Cambridge ’Can Gallium Nitride (GaN) usher in a second electronics revolution ?!’
- July 2016: Soapbox Science Cambridge Talks by Selected Women Scientists ‘Electric Power Knows No Gender, Science No Gender’- PhD student from Engineering Dept to be selected for Soapbox Science Cambridge.
- June 2016: Selected Oral Presentation at EPSRC Power Conference, Nottingham, UK ’Gallium Nitride Technology, Design and Drive Considerations and Smart Power Module for Potential Applications’ (First prize for the talk)
- April 2016: Selected Oral Presentation at IET-PEMD Conference, Glasgow, UK ’Design Considerations for 600 V GaN HEMT based Half Bridge Converter Systems for Utility Based Applications’ – Was among the 10 presentations selected out of 100+ submissions for oral presentation
- April 2016: Selected Oral Presentation at Churchill College, Conference on Everything, ’Meeting Today’s Energy Demands: How Gallium Nitride Could Help Power the World’– Selected among the top 5 oral presentations.
- Jan 2016: Invited talk at GaN Power Workshop, Engineering dept, University of Cambridge- ’Perspective on GaN Power Electronics’
- Sept 2015: Centre for Power Electronics Post Graduate Summer School, Newcastle ‘Engage, Educate and Innovate – Powering Your Future, Powering the World!’ – Addressing the EPSRC UK power electronics summer forum as its founding Chairperson and convener of its first summer school.
- May 2015: PhD research talk at Churchill College, MCR seminar series: ’Revolutionizing Electricity: How Gallium Nitride could help power the world!’ Invited to present at the Churchill College Monthly seminar for postgrads.
- Oct 2014: Invited Speaker at GSA Girl Power Summit: Women in Engineering Conference, St. Mary’s School, UK ’GaN Power – Research, Engineering and Innovation.’ Only PhD student invited to speak at the Summit amongst five other women academics, post-doctoral fellows and scientists. Nominated by CamAwise (Cambridge Association of Women in Science and Engineering)
For booking talks, get in touch – email@example.com